The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

After A Long Day

Pin It
"After A Long Day"
Oil, 6" x 6" on canvas panel.
$150 unframed.

Thanks so much for all of your feedback yesterday about the "scammer". Apparently some of you are not familiar with how the scam typically works. Here is the low down ... A "buyer" offers to buy a painting, but can't pay by credit card or paypal. Instead they send you a check. They then tell you the check is written for more than the amount owed (with some bogus reason) and they subsequently ask you to wire the overpayment back to them. The check of course doesn't clear as it is a fake, and the monies sent out for the over payment are lost. I know it sounds hard that anyone would fall for this but sadly, a lot of trusting individual out there have been taken. So beware!

3 comments:

FitFoodieMegha said...

HI Leslie, Exceptional painting with lots of detail. I can see you did hard work on the reflection.

Color Pencil Portrait: Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel

Marian Fortunati said...

It's amazing how this scam gets around.

It got a similar message a year or so back. I just deleted it, but then the webmaster of my website put out a "warning" letter.

It seems to be making its rounds again.

This one's a bit different... The tarp obscures the boat lines, but I can imagine the cool shade underneath!!
I like it.

Pam Holnback said...

Leslie, thanks for the warning. We had the same thing happen when we were subletting our daughter's college apt the semester she went overseas. This father went so far as to mail fedex me the check! He sent a check for the whole 6 months! I also knew from the beginning that he was "off", but he kept pursuing. I went so far as to call the police to see if there was anything to do...the answer is NO. One just must be cautious.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails