The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Monday, September 28, 2009

Sailing Along

Pin It
"Sailing Along"
Oil, 6" x 6" on canvas panel.
$200 unframed.

I know I spent a lot of time on my blog yesterday reminiscing about this past year and how much I have enjoyed my new "art passion". Art is such an amazing part of my life now and even on the bad days (when my paintings are awful ...) I still love it!
I must be in some kind of a nesting phase because I have spent a lot of time this past week organizing my studio, frames, cabinets ... just about everything. This past year I have printed note cards of my artwork and last night I discovered I actually have 37 different paintings on note cards. Maybe I should stop for a while (although I order them for free on www.vistaprint.com and just pay for shipping)! A bit excessive I am afraid!
But I am happily re-organized and I even filed all of my inspiration photos by category (yes ... I admit that I am an "A" type personality). The boys will be on school trips next week so I do hope I can bury myself in my studio and produce a lot of paintings while they are gone.

2 comments:

Carrie Griesemer said...

I found your blog thru one of your drawing winners. I'm so glad I checked it out, beautiful paintings!

Dean H. said...

Art does tend to "take over" in a good way. Love this palette knife painting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails