The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Friday, September 4, 2009

Think Pink!

Pin It
"Waiting Side By Side"
Oil, 6" x 6"
$150 unframed.

Next weekend I am participating in the Avon Breast Cancer Walk. I will walk 26 miles on Saturday as I attempt to raise money for this amazing cause. In my efforts to raise money, I am donating 50% of all of the proceeds of my art sales during the month of September. I lost a dear friend to breast cancer a few years ago and I hope I can make a small dent in helping rid us of this terrible killer of our mothers, daughters and friends. So please think of my poor feet next Saturday!

4 comments:

Marian Fortunati said...

Where will you be walking, Leslie??

Good for you... supporting a cause you believe in is something we all need to do.

I thought I might see you today at the CAC/SoPas paint out. It was a nice day... but I know you are busy with sooooooo many other important things. I really don't know how you manage to do so much!!

Art with Liz said...

Welcome back Leslie and well done on the walk thingie! Look after those feet!

Bobbi Heath said...

Leslie, what a great thing to do (your September donation)! So glad that you are back, we have missed you.

randi said...

so proud of you for doing the walk...i ran the aids marathon in honolulu a few years ago and it was a life altering experience (in more ways than one...i picked my now-boyfriend up while waiting for the restroom on the airplane!!). hope you had a great experience. way to go!
randi

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails