The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Monday, November 16, 2009

Going Solo

Pin It
"Going Solo"
Oil, 6" x 6" on canvas panel.
$200 unframed.

I haven't posted on my blog in a few days as life has been crazy around here. This weekend was all about sports ... CIF playoff games, the Stanford vs. USC football game, volleyball tournament to name a few. The highlight was certainly our afternoon at the coliseum as we bravely wore our Stanford gear among 90,000 USC fans. For those of you that were hiding in a closet this weekend and didn't hear about the game ... it was amazing and Stanford won ... by a lot!
I did have a chance to take my youngest son to visit his dear friend Jackson who suffered a football accident on Halloween. He was moved out of ICU and his family thought that a visit from a close friend might be a good idea. It was a touching and emotional experience and I am so thankful that Jackson is making progress everyday. Michael is determined to try to "make things all better" and last night he was surfing the internet looking for more information and ways to help his friend. I am not sure a 15 year old can find solutions (more so than a neurosurgeon?) but I do think his two visits this weekend brought a smile to Jackson's face. Please keep Jackson in your prayers.
This week I need to finish a few commissions and paint more as I sold five paintings last week and I need to build up my inventory. After I finish the commissions I will start painting gifts for my family for Christmas! I think that is nine paintings ... yikes! I am off to my studio!

2 comments:

FitFoodieMegha said...

Oh! you have lot of work to do...All the best! I love your paintings. Your styles is distinct. Well done with the colors and the shadows as I always say..:)

Water Color Pencil: Prince George of Persia

Dana Sorrell said...

This one is great! I especially like the reflections in the water...KUDOs. Dana Sorrell

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails