The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Ready To Go

Pin It
"Ready To Go"
Oil, 6" x 6" on canvas panel.
$150 unframed.

I spent all morning shipping paintings and thus I did not spend all day in my studio like I had intended. At least I was able to finish this little painting.
A few days ago there was a humorous post on my blog that I always paint "girl boats". As much as I like to use color, it was brought to my attention that I use a lot of pinks, reds and oranges ... also known as "girl colors". So, when I started on this painting this afternoon, I decided to make a conscience effort to paint a "boy boat" painting.
So, I mixed all blues and greens and yellows. A while later I looked at my painting and I think I actually painted yet another "girl boat" painting. It is obvious that I like bright colors (and I live in a house with three sons and my husband so our house lacks "girl colors") so tomorrow I promise ... I will paint a "boy boat painting" with browns and dark colors. Well ... maybe just a tint of orange ... Stay tuned!

4 comments:

Marian Fortunati said...

Interesting....
I was just going to comment about how I really liked the colors in this one... then I read the post... hmmmmmm girl colors????
Well... maybe if you painted everything pink... but you don't. I wonder... will the "boy" boats be unattractive????

I say don't ask don't tell...

Anonymous said...

Leslie, like Marian above...that was my first thought when i saw your painting....love the colors in this one! I guess if we got, we got it...girlie girl till the end? looking forward to the "boy boats".

FitFoodieMegha said...

Hey Leslie! Those"girls colors" are also amazing...But it would be fun to see those"boys colors" too...I hope to see them soon...Well done with these....:)

Sandra Galda said...

Love your color choices, whatever the gender type you choose! This painting is very exciting with so much color variety.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails