The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Orange Reflections

Pin It
"Orange Reflections"
Oil, 6" x 6" on canvas panel.
$200 unframed.

My husband and I spent the weekend up at Stanford watching our son swim in his first Pac-10 meet. It was so much fun and I still can't believe he is swimming in college!

I will be busy for the next six weeks finishing paintings for my upcoming gallery show titled "Headlines". The show opens on April 28th and will be held at the South Pas Gallery. The show will feature 25 paintings which will were all inspired by headlines from past issues of the South Pasadena Review, our wonderful small town newspaper. The displayed paintings will include copies of the newspaper headlines and articles that inspired each painting. I promise to post the paintings on my blog and website as soon as the show opens!

5 comments:

Fernando Pena said...

Great painting, with a reduced palette. Best wishes for your next show

Anonymous said...

Orange....yay!!! great colors. And speaking of great, well actually it is BRILLIANT...the theme for your upcoming show!!!Cant wait to see what you come up with!

Dean H. said...

Wow! I really like everything about this!!

Dana Cooper said...

Beautiful color Leslie!
Good luck with your show, do I understand that you are doing 25 paintings?

Vicki Shuck said...

I like your palette, Leslie. Let me guess--is it cad red light and pthalo blue and white? Whatever it is, you sure made it work for you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails