The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Pretty and Pink

Pin It
"Pretty and Pink"
Oil, 6" x 6" on canvas panel.
$200 unframed.

As a mother of three boys I love it when I can paint with pink. There is just not enough pink in my life (or house for that matter). When I was growing up I thought pink was a sissy color (yes, I was a bit of a tomboy) but over the years I have learned to appreciate this yummy color!
My favorite ice cream is peppermint, my favorite flowers are pink peonies and my favorite item of clothing is my cozy pink robe! Here's to perhaps ... grand daughters someday?

7 comments:

jyothisethu said...

dear Leslie Saeta,
beautiful painting...
the pink went well with the blues...
loved your blog very much...
congratulations...

Linda Popple said...

Lovely pink painting! I also have 3 boys (now all adults with children of their own) and my 1st grandchild was a girl with a final count of 6 girls and 3 boys. And, it is fun to have girls - and boys! I bought dolls, cute clothes, hairbows - it continues to be a blast!

Atul Pande said...

Leslie: Great piece -- pink color and all. I especially love the texture in the background.

Sandra Wilkes said...

Love your work! I am studying art too....finally!

Unknown said...

WOW!!

Awesome painting!

Very Outstanding!

Best Wishes!

Dana

Anonymous said...

Doesn't that pink just pop with that blue background!!!great piece!

RH Carpenter said...

Loving the flower paintings lately - and yes, the granddaughters will give you plenty opportunity for pinks until they outgrow them (all too soon).

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails