The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Home Away From Home

Pin It
"Association Asks For Use of Arroyo Seco Field",
Oil, 8" x 16"on museum quality canvas panel 
$950.00 framed, available at SoPas Gallery

This Painting is featured in my "Headlines" Show at SoPas Gallery. It was inspired by a headline that appeared in the South Pasadena review on November 21, 1945. You can read the article below and I have to say this is my favorite painting in the show. My husband and I spent hundreds of  hours down in the arroyo attending our boys soccer and baseball games. I love baseball and I love this field!


5 comments:

martinealison said...

Très jolie peinture effectivement avec une belle harmonie de couleurs.

Anonymous said...

After getting my sneak peak at the show...I think it impossible to pick my favorite. It is a "must see" for anyone local!

Dana Cooper said...

Great sense of depth Leslie, I see why it is a favorite!

Mark Landes said...

Very nice-that's exactly how a ball field/park looks and feels. (I bet there is a palm tree somewhere out of sight). I'm sure I would have not been able to restrain myself as you wisely have from lighting up more things in the dark background.

Jaime Baiao said...

gostei!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails