The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I Love Surprises

Pin It
One of my favorite artist friends, Annie Salness, found this ad in her ArtCalendar magazine. She just posted it on facebook and I was shocked when I saw it. Yippee! I entered this painting in the Richeson 75 Small Works competition last year and they actually put it on the cover of their book for the show. I had no idea it would be featured in an ad too. Cool! I love surprises like this!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! This is my favorite painting of yours.

Marian Fortunati said...

WOW... so very cool!!!
And they didn't tell you ahead of time???
Anyhow that is wonderful.. It is of course one of many of your terrific paintings!! .
I can't tell... Did they (I hope) give you credit??? or did Annie just recognize your work???

Kim VanDerHoek said...

I remember that painting, it's fantastic, no wonder it was chosen. Congratulations!

Joan Breckwoldt said...

WOW!!! That is a great surprise!Congratulations!!!
My surprises are more like what I got the other day when the kitty left a little 'surprise' for me on the bathroom floor.
Joan

Tammy Hext said...

Congratulations Leslie - it is a stunning piece. What a great surprise.

Kim Blair said...

What a wonderful surprise Leslie. It is a beautiful painting. The hit of hot pink works so well.
Kim

Dreama said...

The painting with "9 Lives" --I am gonna bet we haven't seen the last of this painting..:)) Congrats and can I say, they have incredibly good taste!

Carol Schiff Daily Painting said...

Saw this last week Leslie. I assumed that you knew about it.
Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Pretty darn cool!

SC Shisler: said...

What an AMAZING accomplishment girl!!! It's fun to have a surprise like this, and it's such a high profile surprise!

The painting is absolutely gorgeous - another inspirational piece!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails