The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Thursday, March 17, 2011

A Tough Week

Pin It
"Leaving the Winery"
Oil, 8" x10"
$500.00 framed.
I am posting a painting I painted a few months ago because I have been so busy with marketing consultations that I have had no time to paint. I have seven consultations this week so it has been crazy. Plus I am still working on the large commission and that is taking a lot of my time as well.
But, the hardest part of the week has been caring for our 12-year old golden retreiver.  Speffy has been a part of our family forever and sadly, she woke up on Sunday unable to walk. At first we thought she was showing signs of geting better, but now she has taken a turn for the worse. She is home and taking a lot of medicine. So we will see. But my heart broke last night as the five of us all piled in the car to take her to the vet. We were all afraid she might not be able to come home with us and it was pretty hard. But let's see how it goes the next few days. I hope and pray she will get better. Only time will tell.

14 comments:

martinealison said...

Je comprends ce que vous ressentez en ce moment avec votre toutou. Je l'ai vécu pour plusieurs des miens, des âgés et des jeunes malades...
En réalité, dans notre vie, nos amis à quatre pattes n'ont pas la place d'un animal, mais on l'assimile à un enfant de la famille...
Je souhaite que tout se passe bien pour vous...
J'aime beaucoup cette peinture que vous publiez aujourd'hui..
Gros bisous

Roxanne Steed said...

oh Leslie, I'm so sorry to hear about Speffy. I do hope she makes it through this & is able to come back home with you all...

Kathy Cousart said...

Leslie,
My heart goes out to you and your family. I know how hard this time is having just been through it myself with Maggie. I am hoping and praying that Speffy will recover and be fine again. Hugs to you- take care.

Gabe said...

si respira aria profumata e tanta quiete in questo tuo dipinto, bellissimo

Jerry Stocks said...

I remember Speffy so fondly from our CA workshop. She was such a part of our group at the wonderful and delicious dinners. Hope this finds her doing better.

Monica Burnette said...

Leslie, you can rest assured there is a special place in heaven reserved especially for Golden Retrievers.

Pam Holnback said...

We've all been through this, and it is so hard. A pet is another child. My thoughts are w/ you guys!

cissy said...

Leslie, My thoughts are with you. Dogs bring such joy to our lives and leave all too quickly. What they give to us in unconditional love is a real gift. I hope Speffy will be up and walking around soon. You all are in my thoughts and prayers.

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

This is indeed a lovely painting, Leslie, but I am most in tune with your agony over your pup. I think the hardest thing is that they know something is wrong, but they don't know how to 'fix' it, and they get so distressed. I hope it works out well for Speffy...

Carrie said...

Oh, Leslie, so sad:( Bad week for friends and their canine friends. A good friend of mine's dog had emergency surgery this week. I hope your sweet pup has some comfort. I'm praying for a rebound for Speffy.

Carrie Waller

Unknown said...

Leslie, so sorry to hear about your pup. Hope she is up and back to her old self BTW, lovely painting, nice grays in the background really bring out the foreground.

mary maxam said...

Thank you so much for spending such valuable "Speffy time" with me. It is so hard, and my heart and prayers go out to you.

Leslie Saeta said...

Thanks everyone for your ownderful comments! You happy toughts worked ... the pain meds appear to be working and our beloved Speffy is up and limping around the house. she is even trying the stairs! Yikes! But she seems really happy, so that is what matters most!

Laurel Alanna McBrine said...

I am so sorry to hear about Speffy, your doggy - I hope she recovers completely. Our animal companions are such a source of joy and happiness and part of the family for sure.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails