The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Monday, January 14, 2013

30 in 30 - Day Fourteen - SOLD

Pin It
My Favorite Things - 30 Paintings in 30 Days
"Fraternal Twins", Oil, 6" x 6"
Sold.

Today was the first day of my three day workshop here in South Pasadena. I am blessed this week with a group of wonderful artists. Some have painted for years, others never before. We laughed, shared stories and had a wonderful day painting with the palette knife. Our only issue was the cold ... 28 degrees in Pasadena last night. Seriously?
I like to start out on the first day painting still life. It's an easier subject and gives everyone a chance to focus more on the palette knife than the subject matter. We painted pears and the end result was amazing.

Tomorrow we are painting boats ... which creates a problem for me since I am not allowed to post a boat painting for my 30 in 30 Challenge. I am also cooking dinner for my students tomorrow night so I haven't quite figured out how I am going to get my painting done tomorrow. Any ideas???

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Check out my upcoming palette knife painting workshops at http://www.saetastudio.com/Leslie_Saeta_fine_Art/Workshops.html.

1 comment:

Deanna Lack said...

What if you painted the same scene but with something else in the water in the space where the boat would be? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails