The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Using Collages to Sell More Paintings

Pin It


I was a bit tardy in sending out my January newsletter but at least I got it out while the calendar still said January. One of my previous collectors responded to the newsletter as she was interested in a painting.  She also mentioned interest in buying two paintings to hang side by side. She asked for suggestions of any of my other paintings that would compliment the one she liked.

I frequently use a free online program called PicMonkey to create collages of photos. So I used Picmonkey to create these three collages of suggested pairings of my paintings. The end result was that I sold five paintings to two different buyers. You might want to try PicMonkey and create a collage of your own!

My upcoming workshops:
March 17 - 19, Painting in Paradise at the Beach, Ventura, CA
June 28 - 30, Three Days "Painting in Hawaii" in South Pasadena!
Check out the website for our new beach house in Ventura, Ca. I am teaching workshops at the beach and renting out the house. Come stay and paint with me! I have workshops scheduled in the next twelve months in South Pasadena, Ventura Beach, Newport Beach, Charlotte, NC, and Atlanta, Ga. Click here for more information!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails