The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Thirty Paintings in 30 Days - Day Four

Pin It

"Dorothy's Slippers"
Oil, 6" x 6" on canvas panel
$200.00 with display easel.
Click here to purchase.

Thirty Things You Don't Know About Me

#4 - I once wore the ruby red slippers as Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz.

There was a time in my life when I was very a very serious actress. I think the peak of my acting career was between the 3rd and 4th grades. I went to a school that encouraged dramatic performances but lacked the resources to put on regular theatre productions. So I became a producer, director and actress at a very early age.


My first play was The Wizard of Oz. I wrote the script (based on watching the movie at least one hundred times), talked my mom in to making all of the costumes and gathered enough friends to fill the cast. Somehow I ended up as Dorothy. I directed, memorized all of my lines and even sang a few verses of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow". I remember my mom commenting after the play, "I didn't know you could sing!". Sadly, I couldn't.

I acted in a few more plays and played Cinderella and the Grinch. (I think those were all speaking parts only, no singing.) By the time I entered 5th grade I had decided I wanted to be a stewardess. If you saw my post #1, you will see why that never happened. 

This week's Artists Helping Artists show is titled "Fifty Studio Tips and Tricks". My co-host Mary Maxam came up with the list and it is amazing! The show airs evey Thursday at 9:00 am PST, 12:00 noon EST. You can listen to any of the AHA shows (they are all recorded and archived) by visiting the website.

I have a few spots open in my South Pasadena workshop this month. We are painting large canvases and I would love it if you could join me! Click here for more information. This week I am releasing my 2015 workshop schedule. I am coming to Cape Cod, Atlanta and Richmond in 2015! Plus you can paint and stay with me in Ventura, CA at the beach house! Click here for more information!

I am also offering Monday Online Studio painting classes beginning October 2014! Join me each month as we paint boats, roosters, glass, beach scenes, umbrellas, etc. with a palette knife!
Click here to sign up!

  www.dickblick.com

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails