The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Thirty Paintings in 30 Days - Day Four

Pin It
"Contrasting Thoughts"
Acrylic, 30" x 30" on gallery wrap
$700.00 Available
Click here for information.

I had so much fun painting this painting and the companion that goes with it (which will be posted tomorrow!). These are MY COLORS as I am much more of a green and red girl. I use a layered process when I create my abstracts and as you can see from my knife strokes on the completed painting, there is a lot of paint on this painting. I took some step-by-step photos and here they are:
           


This painting consists of some of the colors from my Spring Color Palette. The mixed jars of colors are shown here.

Check out my 2015 workshop schedule! I am coming to Cape Cod, Atlanta, Charlotte and Richmond in 2015! Plus you can paint and stay with me in Ventura, CA at the beach house! Click here for more information! I am offering Online Studio painting classes every month! Join me each month as we paint boats, roosters, glass, beach scenes, umbrellas, etc. with a palette knife! Click here to sign up! www.dickblick.com

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails